Week 1

One of the readings for EDC3100 for this week is ‘Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset: Which One Are You?’ by Carol Dweck. This article describes a fixed mindset as one that avoids challenges, gives up easily, sees effort as fruitless, ignores useful negative feedback and feels threatened by the success of others. In comparison, the article describes a growth mindset as one that embraces challenges, persists in the face of setbacks, sees effort as the path to mastery, learns from criticism and finds lessons and inspiration in the success of others.

Which mindset do you think you hold?

This course has made me see that I have a growth mindset about ICTs as I have embraced the challenge of creating a blog and put effort into my blog as it is the key to success in this course. I believe that I am ready to start learning how to use ICTs in my teaching and learning as I see this course as an opportunity to gather internet programs to utilise on practical experiences and in the future as a teacher.

Access article at: http://michaelgr.com/2007/04/15/fixed-mindset-vs-growth-mindset-which-one-are-you/